Graduate Admission Guide for NIIED Korean Government Scholarship Program(KGSP) Fellows[Designated student]
A. Admission Schedule
B. Eligibility Requirements
NIIED Korean Government Scholarship Program(KGSP) Fellows
1. Master's Degree Program
A student holding a bachelor's degree or equivalent degree from an accredited four-year university
2. Doctoral Degree Program
A student holding a master's degree or equivalent degree from an accredited graduate school.
C. Submission of Application Forms
1) By Mail : Apr. 15 ? Apr. 30, 2010
2) Visit : Apr. 15 ? Apr. 30, 2010 (at 9:00 ~ 18:00)
1) By Mail : To be addressed to the Office of Admission
2) Visit : Office of Admission at the 1st floor of
3. Application Fee : Exempted
4. How to Submit
1) Visit : The applicant or an alternate person must submit the application form with required documents attached.
2) By Mail
? Admission Office will only accept the application forms with required documents attached which arrive before the deadline (Apr. 30, 2010 at 18:00)
? When applying by mail, the applicant must be careful about the deadline. The applicant is solely responsible for any disadvantages which might occur when applying by mail regardless of any reasons.
Office of Admission
220 Gung-dong, Yuseong-gu,
Tel) 042-821-5028 Fax) 042-823-5875 E-mail) email@example.com
D. Required Documents
1. Application Form (CNU Form 1)
2. Study Plan (CNU Form 2)
3. Transcripts and Graduation Certificates:
- Master's degree : an official transcript and graduation certificate of undergraduate school.
- Doctoral degree : an official transcript and graduation certificate of graduate school.
4. Self-Introduction (CNU Form 3)
5. Passport and Alien Registration Card (1 copy for each)
6. Certificate of NIIED Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) Fellows
E. Admission Criteria
1. Number of students to be admitted : 3
3. A. Priority goes to students who make CNU their 1st choice.
B. Applicants with the same score will be selected in the order of the score rank of the Major Learning Capability.
C. An applicant whose Major Learning Capability score is below 80 out of 100 is disqualified from selection.
F. Admission Test
1. Korean Language Proficiency Test
Evaluation of Korean Language Proficiency Test (KLPT) score offered by NIIED
If the applicant does not meet TOPIK or KLPT score(Level 3 or higher), s/he must pass Korean language test conducted at CNU Language Education Center, or must complete Korean language at CNU Language Education Center or at Korean Education Center of Humanities College before thesis evaluation.
2. Evaluation of Major Learning Capability
Based on the documents that applicants submit, all the professors of the relevant departments do an overall screening in a meeting and decide successful candidates whose score is be over 80 out of 100. If needed, the relevant department can conduct a written or oral test.
※ In the case of lecture-centered majors, almost lectures are given in Korean. For more information, you should contact the relevant department
1. The admissions staff reserves the right to require additional documents from the applicant, should
a need to verify the authenticity of submitted materials arise.
2. Admission will be cancelled if there is any false statement in the submitted documents or the applicant's academic performance is deemed unsatisfactory.
3. Original documents should be submitted. Should they be unavailable, however, copies must be authorized by the originating institution before they are submitted.
4. All documents must be in English or Korean. Any application documents not written in English or Korean must be accompanied by a notarized Korean or English translation, along with the original documents
5. The guidelines for applicants have been prepared in both Korean and English. When interpretational differences arise, the Korean version will have priority over the English version.