A. Eligibility Requirements
1) Level 4 or higher on the Test of Proficiency in Korean (TOPIK) or Korean Language
Proficiency Test(KLPT), or
2) Minimum score of 550 (paper-based), 210 (computer-based), 80 (internet-based) on the
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
Minimum score of 550 or higher on the test of Test of English Proficiency developed by Seoul
National University (TEPS)
Minimum score of 650 or higher on the Test of English for International Communication
Minimum score of 5.5 or higher on the International English Language Testing System
3) Applicants who can submit Recommendation letter for Excellent researcher from a CNU
※ If applicants submit Recommendation letter for Excellent researcher from a CNU advisor, they must submit Level 4 or higher on the Test of Proficiency in Korean (TOPIK), or Minimum score of 550 (paper-based), 210 (computer-based), 80 (internet-based) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or Minimum score of 550 or higher on the test of Test of English Proficiency developed by Seoul National University (TEPS) or Minimum score of 650 or higher on the Test of English for International Communication(TOEIC) or Minimum score of 5.5 or higher on the International English Language Testing System(IELTS) before thesis evaluation.
※ In the case of lecture-oriented majors, most lectures are given in Korean. For more information, you should contact the relevant department.
1) Foreign students whose parents are both foreigners, or
2) Overseas Korean residents and foreign students who have completed their entire
elementary, junior, high school and undergraduate education outside of Korea.
1. Master's Degree Program
A student holding a bachelor's degree or an equivalent degree from an accredited four-year university
2. Doctoral Degree Program
A student holding a master's degree or an equivalent degree from an accredited graduate school.
B. Evaluation of Applicant’s Academic Proficiency
Based on the documents that applicants submit, the professors of the relevant departments perform an overall screening during an interview. Candidates’ whose interview scores are over 80 points out of 100 will be considered for admission. If needed, the relevant departments will conduct a written test.
C. Required Documents
1. Application Form
(After completing the online application, print it out and submit it along with the required documents the Office of Admissions, CNU)
2. Study Plan (CNU Form 1)
3. Transcripts and Graduation Certificates:
- Master's degree : an official transcript and graduation certificate from undergraduate school.
- Doctoral degree : an official transcript and graduation certificate from graduate school.
4. Personal Statement (CNU Form 2)
5. Recommendation for Admission from your university professor (CNU Form 3)
6. Test of Proficiency in Korean(TOPIK) or Korean Language Proficiency Test(KLPT) Score
(Level 4 or higher) or TOEFL(PBT, CBT, iBT) / TEPS / TOEIC / IELTS.
7. Recommendation Letter for Excellent researcher (CNU Form 4)
8. Copy of passport
9. Affidavit of Financial Support (CNU Form 5)
10. Sponsor's certificate of balance deposit of more than 10,000 USD(10,000,000 KRW/ 80,000元)
(for over 30 days deposit period prior to the application date)
11. Sponsor’s Certificate of Employment or Certificate of Business Registration
12. "Signed Consent Form" for Academic Verification(CNU Form 6)
13. Citizenship ID card: the applicant and parents (居民?)
※ The following is only for applicants with Chinese citizenship:
1) Government-issued Family Census Register (戶口本)
2) Notarized Certificate of Family Relationship (親屬關系公證書)
14. For Fine Arts, Music, and Physical Education Applicants:
photographs of works/recordings of performances
15. Application Fee (Non-refundable) : 50,000 KRW (equivalent to 50 USD)
16. Additional material, if any, required by the relevant department
D. How to apply
1. Period for online application : 10 AM September 29(Wed.) ~ 6 PM October 12(Tue.) 2010
2. Fill out this form at the CNU website (http://plus.cnu.ac.kr/english/index.jsp ,or
http://ipsi.cnu.ac.kr), according to the specifications in the section titled "Application for
Graduate School Admission".
3. The application fee (￦50,000 or 50 USD) must be paid online with this portion of the
4. Online Application
a) You should login to the online application program on the CNU Admissions website(http://plus.cnu.ac.kr/english/index.jsp) or (http://ipsi.cnu.ac.kr). Follow the instructions carefully and type in all the required information for each step of the online application.
b) All relevant information must be entered, and the application fee must be paid via our Internet payment process, prior to 18:00 (Korean local time), 12. October, 2010
c) Changing or correcting the contents of the application, or canceling the application is not allowed after the application fee is paid.
d) Applicants are responsible for any disadvantages if there are any false statements in the application forms.
f) Applicants must upload a recent photograph(3.5×4.5cm) via the on-line application.
g) A high volume of connections is anticipated on the deadline; completing the application prior to the deadline is recommended.
5. Submission of Required Documents
After completing your online application, print out the completed application form and send it along with the required documents via registered mail by 18:00 (Korean local time), 12. October, 2010 to the following address or in person to the Office of Admissions:
Office of Admissions
Chungnam National University
79 Daehangno, Yuseong-gu, Daejeon, Korea (Zip Code: 305-764)
Tel) +82-42-821-5028 Fax) +82-42-823-5875 E-mail) firstname.lastname@example.org