1. Program Objective
The objective of the Korean Government Scholarship Program for an Undergraduate Course is to provide international students with the opportunity to conduct advanced studies at higher educational institutions in Korea in order to promote international exchanges in education and mutual friendship between the countries.
2. Total Candidates for Selection: 100 people from 59countries <Refer to Attachment>
※ Each designated domestic university can recommend up to 5 candidates (2 per country).
Quota of Scholarships
in each country
Indonesia , Malaysia, Mongolia
Cambodia, Kazakhstan, Laos, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand
Azerbaijan , Bangladesh, Colombia, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Guatemala, Kyrgyzstan,
Nepal, Russia, Pakistan, Peru, Singapore, Sri Lanka,
Afghanistan, Angola, Bolivia, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Congo(DRC), Dominican Republic, East Timor, El Salvador, Gabon, Guinea Bissau, , Hungary, Iran, Japan, Kenya,, Lebanon, Mauritania, Mexico, Nigeria, Panama, Paraguay, Poland, Romania, Senegal, Sweden, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Togo, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, Yemen
3. Academic Programs
Undergraduate degree courses for four years after successfully completing a one-year Korean Language Training. ※ University transferring is not allowed (e.g. Beginning from the 3rd year is not allowed.)
4. Fields of Study
4-year undergraduate courses provided by the universities designated by NIIED
※ Not applicable: fields the study period of which exceeds 4 years (e.g. medicine, dentistry,
Prospective applicant must meet the following qualification criteria:
(1) Must be a citizen of the country to which scholarships are offered, which is also applied to
(2) Should be under 25 years of age as of March 1, 2011.
(3) Have an adequate health, both physically and mentally.
(4) Have finished or be scheduled to finish formal education of elementary, middle, high school
as of March 1, 2011.
※ Exceptional acceptance for a person who will have finished high school as of September 1,
2011 and who will be able to have level 3 in TOPIK until then.
(5) Possess above 80% (out of 100%) in a grade point average (G.P.A.) of the whole school
years of the high school attended or within top 10% among graduates in the same year.
(6) Not at any time have received a Korean government scholarship for his/her undergraduate
(7) Not have enrolled in an undergraduate course in Korea before.
(8) Preferential selection for applicants who are good at Korean or English.
6. Submission of Required Documents
(1) Place of Submission: Chungnam National University Admissions Offices(N2) or Each
(2) Deadline of Submission: November 8, 2010 (Mon) ~November 30 (Tue)
(3) Documents to be submitted
① One Completed Application Form (on a prescribed form: RD-1)
② One NIIED Pledge (on a prescribed form: RD-2)
③ One Self-introduction Essay (on a prescribed form: RD-3)
④ One Study Plan (on a prescribed form:RD-4)
⑤ Two Recommendation Letters (from two different referees stated below, on a prescribed
※ Applicant's teacher or principal of the school, academic advisor or CEO of an organization,
⑥ One original Personal Medical Assessment (on a prescribed form: RD-6)
⑦ One original Certificate of Health authorized by a doctor (on a prescribed form: RD-7)
※ Only applicable for candidates who have successfully passed through the selection
procedure set by the institution in charge of recommendation of candidates
⑧ One original Copy of High School Diploma
⑨ One original Copy of High School Grade Transcripts
⑩ One original Copy of the Applicant’s Passport
※ Application for issuance of a passport can be replaceable instead.
⑪ The Certificates of Citizenship of the Applicant and his/her Parents
※ A birth certificate or a copy of passport, etc.
⑫ One original Copy of a Certificate of Korean or English Proficiency (if applicable)
※ It should be issued within 2 years from as of March 1, 2011
7. Scholarship Payment
(1) Scholarship Period: March 1, 2011 ~ February 28, 2016
(2) Scholarship Benefits
① Airplane ticket or airfare: The grantees will receive an airplane ticket or be paid an economy
class airfare of the shortest route between their country and Korea when they come to Korea,
and, thereafter, when they leave Korea after completion of their study.
② Monthly Allowance: 800,000 won per month
③ Tuitions: The full tuition is exempted by NIIED and the entrance fee for the first semester by
the host university.
④ Settlement Allowance: 200,000 won upon arrival
⑤ Repatriation Allowance: 100,000 won upon completion of studies
⑥ Korean Language Training Expenses
※ The full costs up to 1 year (NIIED pays directly to the language training institution)
⑦ Medical Insurance: The grantees will be provided with health insurance for major accidents
and illnesses during their scholarship period.
※ Other questions should be directed to the CNU Admissions Office.
1) Phone :+82-42-821-8001,8002
2) Email : Open_foreign@cnu.ac.kr