All matters concerned with immigration and visas whould be handled by the Office of International Affairs at CNU. Thus, when you have a problem with your visa status or any other questions, please visit our office and contact the person in charge of the matter.
- Contact Person : Ms. Yena Lee(China), Ms. Yujin Kwak(Other countries-Undergraduate), Ms. Seunghyun Lee(Other countries-Graduate)
- Location : Chungnam National Univ. Building. E1-1 Room. 206
- Tel : China +82-42-821-8822, Other countries-Undergraduate: +82-42-821-7046, Other countries-Graduate: +82-42-821-8824
Alien Registration Card
All international students must complete an alien registration within 90 days after arrival.
- Required Documents
- Application Form, One photo(3.5cm×4.5cm), Fee 30,000KRW, Copy of Passport, Visa Grant Notice, Certificate of Admission or Certificate of Enrollment, Proof of residency
Extension of Visa
Students who wish to extend their stay in Korea beyond the period of their visa should apply for a visa extension prior to the expiration date of stay. If this is not done, students may be fined for violating the law of the entry and departure of foreigners.
Required Documents (Submission Online at www.hikorea.go.kr) >Fee 30,000KRW, Proof of residency, Certificate of Enrollment, Transcript, Receipt of Tuition Payment
Change of Residency or Renewal of Passport
In case of changing your place of residency or renew your passport, you should report the change to the district (Gu) office or OIA within 14 days from the date of regidency change or expiration date of the passport.
If the address on the back side of ARC is not identical with your current address, you must visit the immigration office and report the change of your address within 2 weeks(14 days) from the date of residency change. If not, fine will be charged.
- If you do not report the change of your residency within 14 days, you will be fined.
- Required Documents
- Application Form
- Passport & Alien Registration Card
- Change of Visa Status
- From Language Training (D-4) to Study Visa (D-2)
- When you want to change your visa status from D-4 to D-2, you have to prepare for the following items and apply for the change to the OIA in CNU.
- Permit for Part-time Job (S-3 visa)
- International Students with D-2 Visa and D-4 Visa students who have completed 6 months study can work a part-time job by adding S-3 visa.
- International students with D-2 or D-4 Visa students and who have completed 6 months study can work a part-time job. The students who want to work part-time job must report the fact to CNU Office of International Affairs(D-2) or Korean Language Education Center(D-4) or he/she will be fined. · Required Documents >Application Form, Alien Registration Card, One photo(3.5cm×4.5cm), Copy of Passport, Labor Contract, Copy of Certificate of Business License, Copy of Identification card of representative, Part-time Work of Foreign Student Confirmation Form, Certificate of Enrollment, Transcript, Documents to prove Korean Language Ability
- Allowed working hours
- During Semester : Under-graduation 20 hours / weekday (Mon. - Fri.), Graduation 30 hours / weekday (Mon. - Fri.)
- Weekend, Holiday & Vacation : No limit
The students, who want to work a part-time job legally, should report the fact to OIA. If you do not report, you will be fined.
Daejeon Immigration Office
- Location : Located in KAIST Campus Builidng. W2-1 Room. 206 (Address: Daehakro 291, Yuseong-gu, Daejeon)
- How to get there : by taxi or bus #108 in front of CNU main gate.
- Contact : +82-1345
- Web site : www.hikorea.go.kr