2019 Korean Government Scholarship Program (Undergraduate)
2019 Korean Government Scholarship Program Application Guidelines for Undergraduate Degrees
(via Regional Universities for Natural Science & Engineering Majors)
The Korean Government Scholarship Program for undergraduate degrees is designed to provide international students with opportunities to study at higher educational institutions in Korea for Bachelor-level degrees, which will in turn contribute to promoting the international exchange in education and to deepening the mutual friendship among countries.
2. Total Number of Scholars to be Selected: 3 people
3. Academic Programs: Bachelor's Degree Program (4 years) after preliminary Korean Language Program (1 year)
* Scholars must take the mandatory Korean Language training at a language institution that will be designated by NIIED. The institution will be specified in the letter of invitation after the announcement of final successful candidates.
* Scholars must attain a certain level on TOPIK (Test of Proficiency in Korean) as required by NIIED before the completion of the one-year Korean Language program. Otherwise, scholars are not allowed to proceed to the degree program.
* Scholars with level 5 or 6 on TOPIK will be exempt from the language program and must begin their Bachelor's degree program from Spring 2019.
*Scholars who receive TOPIK level 5 or 6 during the first 6 months of the language program may start their degree program in the Fall 2019 semester.
4. Selection Procedures
* September 17 ~ October 12, 2018: Application Period
* October 22 ~ October 23, 2018: Evaluation of Submitted Documents
* October 24 ~ October 26, 2018: Interview (Telephone Interview)
* November 1, 2018: 1st Round Announcement
* November 16, 2018: 2nd Round Announcement
* January 10, 2019: Final Round Announcement
* Late February: Entry to Korea